Jay Hao, the CEO of OKX, a leading cryptocurrency exchange, has shared the five principles that guide his exchange’s decision to list BRC-20 tokens, the native tokens of the Binance Smart Chain.
BRC-20 tokens have gained popularity among the crypto community, especially after the launch of the Binance Bridge, a service that allows users to swap tokens between the Binance Chain and the Binance Smart Chain. Some of the most popular BRC-20 tokens include BNB, CAKE, BUSD, and BAKE.
As a result, many crypto enthusiasts have been requesting OKX, a leading cryptocurrency exchange, to list more BRC-20 tokens on its platform. OKX is one of the largest and most reputable exchanges in the industry, offering a wide range of services, such as spot trading, futures trading, margin trading, and staking.
A Response from OKX CEO
Jay Hao, the CEO of OKX, has responded to the demand for BRC-20 tokens by revealing the five principles that underpin his exchange’s conviction to list them. Hao expressed his appreciation for the suggestions from his friends and the community but also explained that listing BRC-20 tokens is not a simple or easy decision.
Hao said that OKX does not want to be the most aggressive listing exchange in the industry, as that would be harmful to the market. He said that OKX has certain long-term philosophies that guide its listing of tokens, which involve building the infrastructure, having a pure heart from the team, being as transparent as possible, and focusing on the technology.
Hao then outlined the five principles that OKX follows before listing any token, including BRC-20 tokens. These are:
- The token must be blockchain technology and product-driven, meaning that it must have a clear and innovative use case and value proposition.
- The token must be popular in the community, meaning that it must have a large and active user base and social media presence.
- The token must have a long-term builder team, meaning that the project founder and investors must have a proven track record and a vision for the future.
- The token must have a legal and compliance review, meaning that it must comply with the relevant laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where it operates, especially in the US, where the SEC is cracking down on unregistered securities.
- The token must not be pitched, meaning that OKX does not accept any form of solicitation or promotion from the token issuers but rather selects the tokens based on its own research and analysis of the market.
A Message for the BRC-20 Token Community
Hao concluded his message by saying that OKX is always open to new and promising projects and that he welcomes the BRC-20 token community to share their feedback and suggestions with him. He also said that OKX is constantly working on improving its services and features and that he hopes to provide the best trading experience for its users.
Hao’s message is a clear and transparent communication from the OKX CEO, who has shown his commitment and professionalism in the crypto industry. By sharing his five principles for listing BRC-20 tokens, Hao has also shown his respect and responsibility for the market and the community.